Engaging Schools seeks several experienced educators to work part-time as education consultants supporting middle and high schools, primarily in urban districts. We will consider requests for full-time work. Engaging Schools’ consultants provide professional development, coach, and collaborate with district administrators, school leaders, and staff members to create engaging and equitable classrooms and schools.
Engaging Schools works in partnership with educators to create school communities where each and every student develops the skills and mindsets needed to succeed and make positive contributions in school, work, and life. We support school and district leaders, teachers, and student support personnel as they seek to continuously improve teaching and learning, classroom management and discipline, and school climate and culture while integrating academic, social, and emotional learning and development. Our three core services are:
Engaged Classrooms Schoolwide Discipline and Student Support Advisory Plus
For more information about Engaging Schools, and to explore whether you might be the right match with this opportunity, visit our website at www.engagingschools.org.
- Conduct school or district needs assessments.
- Develop work plans for delivery of services aligned to project outcomes.
- Communicate strategically with school and district leaders to support project outcomes.
- Facilitate institutes and other professional development sessions.
- Collaborate with and coach district and school leaders.
- Facilitate the collection and use of relevant data with teachers, school and district leaders.
- Document core client experiences, implementation successes, key recommendations, and progress on project outcomes regularly in writing for school, district, and Engaging Schools’ use.
- Minimum six years’ experience teaching or in a student support role in middle and/or high school settings
- Minimum two years’ experience in a leadership role (teacher, student support, or administrative) in middle and/or high school settings
- Experience facilitating professional learning sessions and/or consulting in schools and other educational settings
- Advanced degree in education or related field
- Experience working in an urban environment
- Excellent communication skills (including writing, speaking, presenting, and interpersonal skills)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Smart Boards, Dropbox, GoToMeeting, and other technology commonly used in classroom, school, and district environments
Critical Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively with educators from diverse backgrounds
- Experience planning, conferring, collaborating, and using data to inform decision making with school and district leaders
- Knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- instruction, classroom management, and teacher-facilitated academic and behavior supports in service of integrating academic, social, and emotional learning and development and strengthening mindsets that maximize students’ school and life success
- school climate, culture, discipline, and student support within a restorative and accountable lens, and/or
- secondary school redesign and reform to increase equity, and reduce achievement and opportunity gaps.
Location: We are looking for candidates residing in southern New England and southern New York. We will also consider candidates who live in or near major metropolitan areas in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, or Mid-West.
Travel: Travel outside of one’s immediate geographical area will be required.
Compensation: Engaging Schools’ consultants are per diem employees and compensated based on assigned contracts. We seek people who can work the equivalent of 50% – 80% time or 110 – 176 days. We will consider requests to work up to full-time (220 days). This position is not benefit-eligible, other than mandated employment taxes and insurances (i.e. state unemployment insurance and workers’ compensation insurance). Engaging Schools’ consultants are able to make contributions to a retirement account.
Start Date: The start date is in May or June 2019.
To Apply: Please provide the following electronically to Sarah Bialek, Director of Contracts and Evaluation, email@example.com:
- Cover letter that includes:
- Professional experiences you have had that align with the work of Engaging Schools
- Reasons for your interest in the position
- Your interest in full- or part-time employment and ideal start date
- Answers to the following application questions:
- What are two values or beliefs that are part of your core as a professional?
- Share an agenda from a workshop you facilitated and describe the ways in which you engaged your colleagues and sustained their attention.
Applications must be received by March 28th, 2019 to be considered.
Engaging Schools recognizes and values the benefits of diversity in the workplace. People who share this belief are encouraged to apply.
Download a PDF of this job description here.