Engaging Schools seeks an experienced professional to play a leadership role in providing responsive, high quality field services. Engaging Schools collaborates with educators to create school communities where each and every student develops the skills and mindsets needed to succeed and make positive contributions in school, work, and life.
• Oversee and manage district and school partnerships, develop and monitor implementation of work plans with consultants, cultivate client relationships, and manage renewal systems and protocols
• Manage the consultants network, including supervising, supporting, and coaching consultants, facilitating professional growth plans for all consultants, and recruiting and hiring new consultants
• Decide on consultant assignment to contracts in consultation with the director of contracting and evaluation
• Oversee and direct site-based funded projects, including coordinating with the fundraising department; developing and writing up plans and budgets; reviewing proposals and contributing content for reports; managing program implementation; and coordinating other major activities required by the project
• Provide selected client consultation, training, coaching, and technical assistance
• Contribute to the integration of program development, capacity building, service delivery, and research and evaluation by coordinating with the director of program development and the director of contracting and evaluation
• Manage the annual capacity-building budget
• Minimum eight years’ experience in middle and/or high school settings, including at least three years in district and/or school leadership roles and three years teaching
• Proven ability to build rapport and work effectively with program consultants and educators; experience supervising and supporting school coaches and consultants is a plus
• Experience presenting to, conferring, conducting planning, and collaborating with district leaders
• Knowledge and expertise in areas including: secondary school redesign and reform; school climate, culture, and discipline; instruction and classroom management; and social and emotional learning
• Program management experience and expertise in areas including strategic planning, budgeting, personnel supervision, assessment and evaluation
• Extensive experience collecting, analyzing, and using data to inform continuous improvement and demonstrate impact
• Proven track record building and facilitating collegial teams
• Experience working in urban and multicultural settings
• Master’s degree in education or comparable field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Evidence of creative and entrepreneurial orientation
Location: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, or Chicago area
Travel: Monthly travel will be required.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package
Application: Send resume and cover letter to Sara Adelmann, email@example.com.
Engaging Schools recognizes and appreciates the benefits of diversity in the workplace. People who share this belief are encouraged to apply.