- Bill Roberts School, Denver, CO
Engaging Schools’ Engaged Classrooms program offers an approach to instruction, classroom management, and discipline that fosters academic, social, and emotional learning and development in each and every student. Through this highly-interactive Engaged Classrooms workshop, participants explore practices and strategies to develop positive, supportive relationships with students and build high-functioning, high-performing groups of learners. Engaging Schools workshops provide “learn-it-today, use-it-tomorrow” tools and strategies that you can apply immediately in your classroom, including:
- Six Conditions of Engagement
- Engagement vs. Compliance
- 5 Elements of a Well-Paced Lesson
- Activators: A Core Engagement Practice
- Ramping up Engagement: Three High Impact Teaching Strategies
- Problematizing a Lesson: Teaching for Thinking
- Differentiation: Challenge by Choice
- Making Meaning: Using Text Based Protocols
- Creating a High Performing Group: Organize and Manage Your Class for Student Success
- The Power of Procedures
- Group Learning Protocols
Participants will gain a full understanding of how to use Activators, plus a teaching strategy, a procedure, and a group learning protocol to embed in upcoming lessons to support greater student engagement. Participants will also receive a copy of Activators: Classroom Strategies for Engaging Middle and High School Students.
Who should attend: School leaders, classroom teachers working in middle and high schools – new teachers will find it particularly beneficial. Learning support staff and teacher aides will also benefit from this workshop.
About the presenter: Michele Tissiere has extensive experience as a classroom teacher and senior administrator in secondary schools. She works collaboratively with district leaders, school leaders, and teachers on systems, structures, and processes for effective change, helping to shape faculty, peer and classroom cultures in the areas of youth development, student centered teaching and learning, and schoolwide climate and culture. Michele is committed to co-constructing differentiated professional learning opportunities to maximize adults’ capacities, school improvement, and student achievement.
Where, when, costs: This workshop takes place on April 13, 2015, 8:00am-3:30pm at Bill Roberts School in Denver, CO. The cost for this one-day workshop is $200 per person and includes breakfast, lunch, and a copy of Activators.
- Click here to register if paying by credit card: http://engagingschools.org/ec-open-enrollment-reg-cc/
- Click here to register if paying by purchase order or check: http://engagingschools.org/ec-open-enrollment-reg-po/
Please visit our Workshops and Institutes page for additional information. Space is limited to 40 participants. Please contact Denise Wolk at 800-370-2515, x20 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.